Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)
2 large bunches Mustard Greens (1 pound)
3 medium (or 2 large) Eggs, beaten
8-10 ounces Ricotta Cheese (reduced fat is fine to use)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 small Onion, small chop
10 ounce package of button Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp dry Thyme (or full tsp of fresh, or use any preferred herb)
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (or other preferred bread crumb)
1. Wash the greens well, and spin dry. Discard the bottom 2-4 inches of stem. Cut away the stems from the leaves. Rough chop the leaves, chop the stems into 1/2 inch pieces
2. Combine Eggs, Ricotta and Parmesan in a bowl.
3. Saute the onions and stem parts until the onions start to soften.
4. Add mushrooms and thyme, cook until the mushroom liquid starts to evaporate
5. Add the leaves bit by bit until they wilt. Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Combine the greens with the egg mixture, then pour into a buttered baking dish.
7. Top with breadcrumbs and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375, or until top browns.