This recipe was created by our own Chef Heather. Enjoy!
2-3 large carrots – well scrubbed & rough chopped
4 cups of carrot tops – well soaked to clean, very rough chopped, discard thick stems
1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh mint, very rough chopped – amount to taste
1 medium onion, finely chopped – or use scallion
1-2 cups medium tomatoes, diced
Chick peas – 1 can rinsed (optional)
1 cucumber – diced (optional)
Dressing (whisk together all ingredients)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Garlic Clove – finely minced (optional)
1. Pulse carrots in food processor until they have the texture of a large bulgur grain – do not overmix – then remove from processor & place in serving bowl.
2. Combine carrot tops, mint & onion (or scallion) in processor & pulse gently to a fine chop – do not liquify – add to carrots.
3. Add diced tomatoes, and other optional ingredients if so desired.
4. Add dressing & combine well in the serving bowl.
5. Chill & marinate in the refrigerator before serving.
Pingback: Carrot Greens | Small Farms CSA
I’m a CSA member in Indiana and found this recipe while searching for “carrot top” recipes. I just made it tonight and it is great. Thanks for sharing. We love our CSA, and it looks like yours is a great resource, too! Thanks.