Ingredients (4 servings):
1 pound of Jerusalem Artichokes (Sunchokes)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2-3 cloves of Garlic, sliced thin
3-4 Bay Leaves
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Veggie Broth (or chicken)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Scrub the artichokes well, or peel them if you prefer, and saute in olive oil for 6-8 minutes until they start to brown slightly on several sides.
2. Add the leaves and garlic, saute briefly to coat in oil, then add vinegar.
3. Add broth and season to taste, bring to a boil then cover tightly and reduce to a simmer.
4. Let the chokes simmer for about 20 minutes, shaking the pan every few minutes to prevent sticking, until they are very soft and cooked through.
5. Discard leaves and serve promptly.