Ingredients: (serves 4)
3-4 cups of 1/2 inch peeled and diced Winter Squash (Butternut, or any type on hand)
Sage – either 1 tablespoon minced fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
1 cup of Quinoa (or try Earthly Choice Heritage Blend)
1 small Onion, small dice
1-2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 bunch of Kale (or any green on hand), shredded
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Toss diced Squash with a drizzle of Olive Oil, salt, pepper and sage. Spread out on a sheet pan and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. Prepare Grains as directed – usually combining 1 cups of grain with 1 1/2 or 2 cups of water (or broth) and simmer in a covered pan for about 20 minutes.
3. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and saute onion and garlic until translucent, add greens and cook until soft.
4. Prepare either one 1 1/2 quart small casserole dish, or four 7-oz ramekins, with cooking spray.
5. Combine cooked squash, sauteed greens, grains and parmesan. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. Press the squash mixture down into the baking dish (or dishes), and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and invert onto a serving plate, or individual plates.