This tasty appetizer was inspired by some left over grilled eggplant.
1 pound of eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1 can of any white bean – try cannelini or garbanzo – drain and rinse
handful of parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 large clove of garlic
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, or teaspoon dry
1 Lemon, juiced
1/4 cup of olive oil
1. Brush eggplant with olive oil and grill till done, or roast 20 mins in 450 degree oven
2. Place eggplant, beans, parsley, garlic, rosemary leaves, lemon juice in food processor
3. Pulse until roughly chopped, then drizzle in olive oil until well combined and smooth
4. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as needed.
5. Cover and chill briefly to allow flavors to blend.
6. Serve with sliced veggies (carrots, cukes, radish), tortilla chips or sliced pita