2 Tablespoons Butter
1 large Onion, 1/2 inch dice
1 pound summer squash (suggest yellow, but zucchini is good too), 1/2 inch dice
2 large tomatoes, 1/2 inch dice (fresh is best, canned is fine)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 slices whole grain bread, torn into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup fresh minced Herbs (suggest parsley, thyme and basil)
1/2 cup Grated Cheese (suggest Gruyere or Mozzarella)
1/2 cup Panko (or Bread Crumbs)
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Parmesan
1. Melt butter in a sauté pan, sauté the onion & squash until it just starts to soften.
2. Add garlic and tomato, sauté an additional 4 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, mix in the the bread, fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a small bowl combine Panko, Olive Oil and Parmesan.
5. Lightly coat a 7 x 11 inch baking dish with vegetable oil, butter or Pam
6. Spread veggie mixture in dish, sprinkle with Cheese, and top with Panko Mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven.