This super easy soup is creamy and delicious, without using any of the dairy or flour found in most chowder recipes. It freezes beautifully, make extra!
Ingredients – serves 4:
4 ears corn, cut kernels from corn and reserve cobs
3 Tbs Olive Oil (or Butter if preferred)
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh Thyme (or 1/2 tsp dry)
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Saute onion, garlic, and thyme in the oil until onions are soft.
2. Add stock, water and cobs. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove cobs, add potatoes, half of the corn, and simmer until potatoes are soft.
4. Puree soup with an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender.
5. Add the remaining kernels and simmer for another 5 mins.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings.
7. Serve with a garnish of fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil.