Recipe courtesy Georgia Downard
1 pound carrots, medium chop
1 medium onion, medium chop
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, small chop
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoon Orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice.
4 1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or reduced-sodium canned broth
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnishes: Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt, Cilantro or Parsley
1. Saute carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger in the oil until onion is golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add chicken stock, orange zest, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender about 20 minutes.
3. Using a stick blender (or food processor or blender) puree until smooth
4. Stir in orange juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just heated through.
6. Garnish with sour cream or yogurt and minced cilantro or parsley