Ingredients: (Serves 6)
2 Tomatoes, halved
2 Zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 Green Pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 Eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
2 Scallions, leave whole
2 Garlic Scapes, leave whole (or one large garlic clove minced)
2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon dried turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1. Lay all veggies, scallions and scapes on a tray. Combine well with 1 Tablespoon oil,
salt and pepper.
2. Grill (or broil) all the veggies until softened and browned on both sides. Watch
the Scallions and Scapes closely as they will finish very quickly. Allow to cool.
3. Chop Veggies in 1/2 inch dice, mince the Scallions and Scapes, and toss them
together into a bowl.
4. Whisk together the Orange juice, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, and finally the
remaining oil to make a dressing. Include the minced garlic here if you don’t have Scapes.
5. Combine dressing with veggies, cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Serve on top of thickly sliced, toasted whole-wheat ciabatta.