This past Thursday (July 21st) our friend Jeannette Weigelt, of Chicken and Cheese Catering, created this lovely salad during a cooking demo at the farm using smaller (or baby) Amaranth Leaves. Everyone enjoyed the delicious result!
Amaranth Leaves (small size, 2-3 inches)
Salad Greens (green leaf or romaine)
Sliced Plums (or try Cherries, or Blueberries, etc.)
1 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Grainy Mustard (Or Dijon)
Dash Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry all fresh ingredients.
2. Cut Amaranth into 1/4″ strips
3. Chop lettuce
4. Cut scallions into 1/4″ pieces
5. Add all of the above into your serving bowl. crumble goat cheese and toss in fruit.
6. Combine vinegar, honey & mustard first in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Salt and pepper. Toss with salad and enjoy!