Ingredients: (serves 2-3 people)
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
1 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Scallions (or a small onion), minced
1 clove garlic, minced
10 leaves fresh basil, minced
1. Blanch the beans in the boiling, lightly salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and shake dry in a colander.
2. Sauté the scallion and garlic in the butter and oil until softened.
3. Add the beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stir to coat with the onion butter.
4. Add the basil and stir together for 1 minute more.
5. Season with Salt and fresh ground Pepper taste, serve promptly