Ingredients: (makes a dozen small pancakes)
2 medium zucchini (about 3/4 pound)
1 large carrot
1 small onion (or large scallion, finely minced)
1 large egg, beaten
6 Tbs flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dry)
Butter and Olive oil – as needed
1. Grate the zucchini, carrot and onion.
2. Combine eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, thyme and grated veggies in a bowl to create the batter. Add additional flour if batter becomes too thin.
3. Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan, and when hot enough add large spoonfuls of batter into the pan.
4. Cook the pancakes about until well browned, then flip over.
5. Continue until all the batter is used, adding butter and oil as needed to the pan, and keeping finished pancakes warm under a clean towel or in the oven.
6. Serve hot with your preferred condiment … such as marinara, hot sauce, or pesto.
Pingback: Drowning in Cherry Tomatoes (and zucchini) | iWeezorz.