I always have a ton of mint all over my yard. This is a great way to use it, and is so good with new potatoes!
• 2 pounds new potatoes (any type – red, blue, white, etc), scrubbed not peeled
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut in chunks
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook,
uncovered, for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and put them in a mixing bowl
3. While they are still nice and hot, add the chopped mint and mash so the potatoes are
chunky and green in spots.
4. Fold in the butter and stir everything together so the butter melts. Drizzle
with the olive oil and season with a healthy amount of salt and pepper.