2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed
1 small onion
2 medium eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups dry pancake mix
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Using a food processor or hand grater, grate the potatoes, chokes and onion.
2. In a large bowl combine grated veggies, eggs, pancake mix, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
4. Spoon potato mixture into skillet and cook as you would pancakes.
5. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Garnish Options: Traditional Potato pancakes are often served with applesauce and sour cream on the side. However you can also try them with a topping of mixed herb pesto, grated cheese of your choice, or marinara sauce.
Variation: We’ve heard this recipe is good with zuchini too!