Makes 2 Servings. This dish is ready in just a few minutes. Complete all measuring, chopping and mixing before you start to cook – and be sure the rice is ready.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-2 hot chili peppers (remove seeds for less heat), minced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 lb ground chicken (or turkey, or pork)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, small dice (optional)
1 head of bok choi, sliced thin (optional, or use another cooking green)
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 bunch Thai basil, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of leaves
1. Whisk sugar and fish sauce together in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Saute garlic and chili pepper in oil over high heat, until garlic starts to brown.
3. Add ground chicken, stirring until the juices start to evaporate
4. Add Bell Pepper and saute until it starts to soften, then the bok choi and fish sauce mixture.
5. Add Thai basil, stirring briefly until the leaves just start to wilt.
6. Quickly remove from heat and serve over rice (or Coconut rice below)
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
Jasmine or Basmati style rice
Coconut Milk – preferably Thai style.
Directions: Review the directions on the rice package. However instead of using water as the only liquid, use a 50/50 proportion of water to coconut milk. Save any unused coconut milk for another dish. Add salt or vegetable oil as directed on the package, and follow the cooking directions.