1 bunch amaranth
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Wash amaranth and shake dry. Discard lower stems which may be tough.
2. Pick leaves and cut tender stems into bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat oil in a wok and fry the garlic on low heat, stirring until it is pale golden.
4. Add amaranth, increase heat to medium and saute until the leaves are wilted.
5. Add oyster sauce and sugar, cover with lid and allow to steam for a minute or two.
6. Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl, add to pan & stiur until sauce thickens.
7. Serve at once with steamed rice.