3 cups diced, seedless watermelon
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium cucumber, peeled & rough chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded & rough chopped
1 small onion (or scallion), rough chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and rough chopped (optional)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Juice from 1/2 a lemon or lime
Fresh Mint – or try parsley, basil or cilantro
Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
1. Puree watermelon and oil in a blender or food processor.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl and add orange juice
3. Puree cucumber, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno. Add to watermelon mixture.
4. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve in chilled bowls – sprinkle with fresh herbs & feta cheese