Submitted by W. Rogowski Farm member Virginia Moore. Thanks so much Virginia, this is great!
Up to 1 cup of leftover cooked chicken shredded
14 -16 tomatillos (1½ inch diameter) coarsely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
One 4 oz can green chilies drained (or 1-2 Tbs of any hot pepper seeded & minced)
3 cups fat free or reduced fat chicken broth
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
salt & pepper to taste
1. Saute the onions and garlic in a very small amount of oil.
2. Add broth, tomatillos, and jalapenos to pan. Cook 15 minutes.
3. Use a fork or a potato masher to break up the ingredients into small pieces.
4. Add shredded chicken meat, cilantro, and salt/pepper to taste. (instead of salt try lime juice.)
5. Serve as is, or with sour cream and/or shredded cheese.