Serves 4, makes about 4 cups
• 1 cup bulgur wheat
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
• 4 plum tomatoes (10 ounces total), cut into wedges
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt and Freshly ground pepper, (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Place bulgur in a heatproof bowl, add boiling water, and stir. Cover tightly, and refrigerate until liquid has been absorbed, about 1 hour.
3. Combine chopped herbs. Toss tomatoes with garlic, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, and 2 tablespoons chopped herbs on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast until tomatoes begin to soften, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
4. Add roasted-tomato mixture, remaining chopped herbs, scallions, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 teaspoons oil to bulgur, and gently toss. Garnish with whole herb leaves.