12 Tomatillos – cut in half
1 onion (or a couple of large scallions)- cut in half
4 whole garlic cloves
2 Jalapeno peppers (or hot peppers of your choice) cut in half (remove seeds for less heat)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves & tender stems
1/2 Lime – juiced
2 Tsp Cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place 1st four ingredients on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
2. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
3. Put Roasted veggies, along with cilantro, lime juice & cumin in a food processor or blender.
4. Process until desired consistency is acheived.
5. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate & use with a favorite recipe (such as enchiladas), or just eat with chips!