6-8 Medium Green Tomatoes – washed, peeled and sliced
2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Grated Lemon Peel
1/2 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 TBS Cornstarch
1 TBS Butter
Pastry for a 9-inch, 2 crust pie
1. Combine Tomatoes with Lemon Juice, Peel, Salt & Cinnamon in a saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch, then stir into tomato mixture.
4. Cook until clear, stirring constantly
5. Add butter & remove from heat, letting stand until slightly cooled.
6. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry, pour in mixture, cover with top pastry & crimp edges.
7. Cut small slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake at 435 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
9. Serve warm or cooled.