Submitted by Staff Member Jeanne Fox
1/2 cup Cilantro, including soft stems
3/4 cup Olive Oil
2 pounds Tomatillos – washed & rough chopped
4 large Slicer Cucumbers – peeled & rough chopped
1 medium Green Bell Pepper – seeded & rough chopped
1 Avocado – pitted & rough chopped
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt, pepper, hot sauce – to taste
1. In the food processor combine cilantro & 1/2 cup of olive until smooth, pour into a glass and let settle for 1 hour.
2. Process the garlic, bell pepper, onion, avocago, vinegar, remaining olive oil until smooth & place in a large serving bowl
3. Pulse the tomatillos & cucumbers until desired consistency is acheived (some prefer chunky), add to serving bowl
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper, hot sauce, or additional vinegar.
5. Refrigerate soup until well chilled.
6. Serve the soup in a chilled bowls, drizzled with the reserved cilantro oil.